Due to Covid-19, the 2021 Landcare Festival has now been postponed.
The Gympie Landcare Festival is a celebration of our environment and an opportunity to educate our local community about sustainable land care. With live entertainment, sustainable stall holders, plenty of kids activities including a jumping castle, face painting and treasure hunt, as well as free presentations from environmental groups and hosts, as well as a bush tucker cooking class, this event has everything you need to learn about sustainability, and the kids will just LOVE it!
Gympie Landcare Festival 2019 Photos:[soliloquy id=”507700″]
Our 2019 Landcare Festival was Proudly Sponsored by:
Kids Activities & Workshops:
- Jumping Castle
- Face Painting
- Treasure Hunt
- Kids Potting Class – Keep Your Plant and Watch It Grow!
- Kids Zone – Crafting and Musical Instruments
- Petting Zoo with fluffy animals and reptiles including crocodiles and snakes!
- Kids Wildlife Rescue Kit Workshop
- True Bee Stories Presentation (with a small pot of honey for the kids to keep)
- Oz-Mosis: Rehydrating the Australian Landscape Presentation & Activities
Entertainment & Presentations:
- Zinc Radio are Broadcasting LIVE from Our Event and Will be Handing Out Goodie Bags all Day!
- Live Music by Local Musicians and Artists
- Bush Tucker Cooking Class, hosted by James Barnden
- Welcome to the Country & Smoking Ceremony by local Aboriginal Elders
- Welcome and Official Opening by Gympie Mayor, Mick Curran
- Finding Frogs in the Gympie Region, Hosted by Eva Ford from MRCCC
- Renewable Energy, Storage and Electric Vehicles, hosted by Gympie Community Solar Association
- Bio-Control Tour of our Facility with Yvonne Hennell
- Revegetation of Your Block Presentation with Carl Schefe
- Wildlife Rescue Kit Demonstration with Louise Watson
- Caring For Bees Presentation with Vic Finney from the Valley Bees Community
- Beeswax Wrap Demonstration
- Two Huge Raffles to be Drawn
- Eva Ford from MRCCC
- Vic Finner from Valley Bees
- Murray Keys from Gympie Community Solar Association
- Carl Schefe from Gympie Landcare
- Yvonne Hennell from Gympie Landcare
- Shane Litherland from Gympie Landcare
- James Barnden will be hosting a bush tucker cooking class
- Louise Fraser will be hosting a Beeswax Wrap presentation
- Louise Watson will be hosting a wildlife rescue kit workshop
- Naturally Mands – Relishes, herbs and spices, meat rubs etc.
- Southern Cross Small Goods – Fresh locally butchered meat
- Liv & Lace – Economically friendly reusable products
- Gympie Community Solar Association – Solar alternatives and products
- Just 2 Hands – Hand-made baskets and products made from pest vines
- Wildlife HQ – Petting Zoo with fluffy animals and reptiles
- Bambooy Design – Bamboo clothing
- Doterra Essential Oils – Natural deodorants, sunscreens & oils
- Maxxwell Australia – Magnetic wellness jewellery
- Michelle’s Beeswax Wraps
- EkoTekk – Electric bikes & tours
- Boomerang Bags – Recycled fabric bags and products
- Timbercraft Homewares
- Eclectic Earth Art – Natural art & craft
- Heritage Nursery – Nature play for the kids
- Gympie Woodworkers Club – Wooden furniture and homewares
- Ricky Dee’s Eco Toys
- Face Painting by Tina Van
- Spirited by Nature – Activities & instruments
- Green Things – Reusable nappies & baby products
- Salty Eco Tours – Eco-friendly tours & trips
- All In A Cup – Coffee and beverages
- Lucious Licks – Ice Creams
- Inferno Wood Fired Pizzas
- All About Candy – Popcorn, fairy floss, lollies etc.
- The Valley Bees
- Burnett Mary Regional Group (BMRG)
- Gympie Field Naturalists
- Gympie Fire Brigade
- Gympie Regional Council
- Koala Action Group
- Gympie Community Garden Group
- Living Classroom Project
Landcare Festival Vendors:
We talked to the crew from The Living Classroom Project, Aaron, Ness and Dan, about their inspirational mission to get more kids interacting with nature by planting, growing, and cooking their own food! 🙂
The work these guys do is incredible and the kids LOVE getting their hands dirty and learning about soils, plant species, how to maintain their veggie gardens, and how to cook and eat the delicious produce that they’ve grown from scratch!
The Living Classroom Project will be presenting at our Landcare Festival on Saturday 21 September 2019, so bring the kids down for the day to find out how to get them involved.
If you’d like to learn more about The Living Classroom Project and how to get involved, visit their website here: https://livingclassroom.com.au
Posted by Gympie & District Landcare on Tuesday, August 20, 2019
We caught up with Simon from Salty Eco Tours to find out a little bit more about this fantastic new eco-tourism company.
Simon has combined his love of sailing, indigenous culture and the environment in order to create sustainable and cultural tourism options.
More information about Salty Eco Tours can be found at https://www.facebook.com/saltyecotours/
Salty Eco Tours are just one of the many stalls that will be attending our Landcare Festival on Saturday 21st September, offering a range of environmentally friendly products and services. Make sure you come along for a great day out!
Posted by Gympie & District Landcare on Monday, August 26, 2019
2019 LANDCARE FESTIVAL RAFFLE!!!!
Be in it to WIN it! To be drawn at our Landcare Festival Saturday, 21 September 2019.
Price: $2 each or 3 for $5
- Driza-Bone Jacket and Electric Fence System – Budget Steel
- $150.00 Travel Voucher from Easy Travel and Cruise
- Garden Hamper from Gympie Landcare (Fiskars Bypass Lopper, Hills 4L Garden Sprayer, Mangroves to Mountains Book, Folding Saw, Pruning Shears, Dog Bowl, $30.00 Nursery Voucher)
- $50.00 Voucher from Bunnings Gympie
- $40.00 Hamper from Holding it Down
- $30.00 Voucher from Gympie Meathall
- $20.00 Voucher from Saddleworld Gympie
- Cutlery Wrap Set from Liv & Lace
- GardenMate Pruners from Sauers Produce
- Husqvarna Spray Bottle from Outdoor Power Centre
- Landscape Painting from artist Christopher Webb
- Cheese board Hamper from Wayne & Kerrie Russell and Rhiaan Ashton (Handmade cheese board, assorted cheese & bickies, bottle of wine)
2019 Kids Raffle:
- Treasure Chest full of Chocolate Coins and Treasures + $20.00 Voucher from ToyWorld Gympie
- Cassowary shirt (size 2) and book ‘Elmo the Orphan’ by Pamela Galeano
- 2 x Family Passes to Gympie Cinemas (1 pass per prize winner)
To purchase your tickets, pop into Gympie Landcare office or nursery!
Limited on-street parking will be available on the day, however, we highly recommend that you take advantage of our shuttle bus. Victory College have kindly provided car parking in the top end car park of their school (the car park closest to Gympie Landcare) and we will have a shuttle bus running every 15 minutes to and from the Landcare Festival. There will be parking signage and a bus schedule displayed at the bus stop at Victory College on the day.
We are always looking for extra hands on the day! If you’re interested in attending and want to be part of our event, please contact our office on 5483 8866.