Gympie Landcare will be hosting a workshop for landowners to learn to use the Queensland Globe more effectively to manage their properties. The workshop will be presented by Jeff Pickering of the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy.
The Globe turns physical, geographical and spatial data about a particular location into a map format. For landholders, it provides access to a wealth of information on soils, landform, and vegetation as well as a wide range of economic infrastructure that can help with property management and property planning.
Some of the Globes features are:
- Access to real-time spatial data – anywhere, anytime – through your computer, tablet or smartphone web browser.
- New measuring tools and the ability to save, share and download maps and searches.
- Pinpoint your location and access data when in the field.
- Browse information about single parcels of land, including a property’s official annual valuation, closest public transport routes and more.
- Explore pre-set topics of interest for faster search results.
- Create multiple places of interest to explore a range of locations or different data layers.
- Add your own data, or share what you have discovered with others.
- Login to save your work for ongoing use.
What to bring
Your own laptop computer
What will be provided
Wifi to connect your laptop
Tea, coffee, and light refreshments
Member – $10
Non-Members – $20
St Patrick College, 2-12 Church St, Gympie QLD 4570
It will be in Room CM15. Entry at the gate by the mailbox on Church Street. Follow the signs along a path and up the stairwell to the left. Room CM15 opens off a covered area at the top of the stairs.
Places are limited, bookings are essential. To book, please click here