We’re looking for a bright and bubbly dedicated volunteer that is looking to join our organisation on an on-going basis as our groundskeeper/landscaper.
Gympie and District Landcare Group (GDLG) is a community-based organisation that has been active for 30 years serving the local landowners. The Group is an incorporated association and a registered charity. Each year members elect an Executive (Management Committee) that sets strategic direction, manages organisation risks, fine tunes policies and ensures that the organisation is operating effectively whilst staying true to its vision and purpose.
Members and volunteers are integrally involved in the group’s activities: operating a local native plant nursery; raising bio-control insects for invasive plant species control and other purposes; providing land care services, fostering local land caring activities; and community education.
This is a volunteer position with flexible working days. We’re looking for someone that can volunteer 1-2 days per week with set days each week (however, we are flexible when needed).
- Mow the lawns, prune bushes and trees, edge the walkways and give the grounds a manicured look;
- Disposal of dead foliage and rubbish
- Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, drubbing, trimming and edging around garden beds, walks and walls
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees or shrubs and apply mulch for protection as required
- Decorating garden beds and themed areas
- Take on special landscaping or planting projects such as our ‘Botanical Garden’ walk and front reception gardens
- Collaborate with management and the volunteer team to make sure the grounds and the building are always properly cared for
- Perform regular maintenance and minor repairs on the lawn care equipment and tools
- Assist the volunteer team with other tasks when required such as potting seeds for production
There are no technical skills required for this volunteer position, however, common sense is required when using tools or equipment. You will also be inducted prior to using any electric or fuelled equipment or tools prior to commencing tasks.
This volunteer position requires a reasonable level of fitness. You may be required to lift items of up to 20kgs, push wheelbarrows etc and must be in good physical shape.
If you’re interested in becoming part of a friendly and active team of volunteers and would like to contribute to our organisation and the environment, then this position is for you! We’ve love to hear from you, so please get in contact with us by calling 07 5483 8866.